7. ADDITIONAL PROGAM:
"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PIANO"
Material introduces students to the history, development and sounds of the string instruments leading up to the modern classical piano. The history starts with the development of the hydraulis and to other early keyboard developments leading to the modern day piano.
1. THREE PROGRAMS WITH AN INSTRUCTOR'S GUIDE AND A CD.
SIXTH GRADE- "MUSIC OF ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS"
SEVENTH GRADE- "MUSIC OF MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN TIMES"
EIGHTH GRADE- "MUISC IN EARLY NORTH AMERICA"
MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMS
2. Mr. McSymphony's Music Appreciation Programs are intended to give the students a
history of the development of music and their instruments. They also show how music
traveled throughout the world and effected people and their country from Asia, Europe,
Africa and the Americas..
3. Each program when presented will be about 40 minutes long.
4. Power Point is included with all programs and downloaded from the buttons below.
5. These three programs follow the curriculum requirement topics as shown in the
California Educational Standards and are approved for social content and listed in their
web site ( www.cde.ca.gov/ci/cr/cf/lc.asp )
6. Only one set is needed per school for location in their school library..